BMW of Sterling Alternate
We understand that being without your vehicle can be an
inconvenience. We offer several options to assist you. For minor maintenance
issues, such as an oil change, we ask that our clients wait in our comfortable,
Wi-Fi-equipped customer lounge. We also offer clients free shuttle service within 12 miles of our dealership, providing round-trip service if needed. We
cannot guarantee alternate transportation for same-day appointments.
Please call our Service Department at
with alternative transportation request.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm (last shuttle leaves dealership at
5:30 pm; scheduled trips till 6:00 pm)
Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Frequent Shuttle Rides Include the Following Destinations:
Dulles Town Center Mall
Wiehle-Reston East Silver Line
Courtesy Vehicles are offered under the following policy:
A courtesy vehicle is only offered for
repair services that are expected to take more than 2 hours. BMW
Loaners are offered to customers who have called in advance and scheduled their
appointment. Enterprise Vehicles are offered to customers who haven't scheduled
an appointment and also as a back up when BMW Loaners aren't available. If
you drop your vehicle off before your scheduled appointment, you will
be offered an Enterprise vehicle instead of BMW Loaner. Please allow a few extra
minutes in your schedule to accommodate the check in process.
- Due to insurance regulations, the drivers of courtesy vehicles must be
21 years of age.
- The driver must present a valid driver's license, credit/debit card,
and proof of insurance before operating the vehicle.
- Only the person(s) named on the Loaner Agreement and their spouses are
permitted to operate the Courtesy Vehicle.
- Drivers named on the Loaner Agreement are responsible for all charges
incurred against the vehicle during use, including tolls, tickets,fees,
penalties, damages to vehicle (including tire and wheel damage), and any costs
incurred by BMW of Sterling. An administrative fee of $50.00 will be charged
for processing these charges.
- Once the customer is notified the car is ready for pick up, the courtesy vehicle must be returned by the end of the business day to avoid accruing additional charges.
- A fee of $5.00 per gallon and a $5.00 surcharge will be charged to the
driver who does not return the Courtesy Vehicle with the same level of fuel as
when it was checked out.
- Mileage is restricted to 125 miles per day. A mileage fee of $0.55 per
mile will be charged to any customer who exceeds the daily mileage allowance.
- All Courtesy Vehicles are NON-SMOKING vehicles. A detail fee of $299.95
will be charged to the driver who smokes in our vehicle.
- Pets are not permitted in Courtesy Vehicles. A detail fee of
$299.95 will be charged to the driver who transports a pet in our vehicle.
Courtesy Vehicles Return Policy:
When returning the courtesy vehicle, customers must do a final walk
around with a loaner representative to verify any damage or detail needs along
with verifying the fuel level of the vehicle. After the final walk around, you
will receive a final loaner agreement signed by both you and the representative who completed the check in. If there are any charges to be made due to
damages, detail or gas fees that will be noted on the final signed agreement.
Please allow a few extra minutes when returning your courtesy vehicle to accommodate for this